Thursday, October 21, 2010

my morning and afternoon walk

I recently have discovered that instead of walking to the metro, getting on the recently ever-so-crowded metro, and then walking some more to work, i can walk the whole way and it takes about the same amount of time! I am trying to avoid the metro at all costs. As soon as the weather hits about 75 degrees here, the Chinese believe it's time to turn on the heat in the metro station. So, by the time I get there, I am already a little warm (and sweaty due to the humidity) and the heat is full blast. I can't breathe! I end up shedding any layer possible and looking like a wreck when I walk in to Wunan. Since the fall season has finally decided to show up here in Shanghai, I want to walk as many places as possible and enjoy the beautiful weather before winter comes.

Let's just say, I LOVE my new walking route to work. I pass so many little shops, restaurants and old, beautiful architecture. I walk down Yongjia Lu to Wulumuqi Lu (pronounced Woo-loo-moo-chee) Is that not the funniest  (and most fun) word to say? I always repeat it over and over to my cab drivers. They think it's hilarious! They have helped me perfect my pronunciation :) Anyways, I love walking down the street and seeing the Chinese culture in such a raw, free, and natural way. I see old ladies enjoying a morning walk, families opening up their businesses, people buying fruit and old men exercising. I am going to try and take pictures soon of these men :) It's too funny.
My half hour walk is accompanied by my iPod and my thoughts. I look ahead to my day and think about my future. Me. My thoughts. China. Wow. I just LOVE it. I know I say it a lot.

Tonight  - I am going to dye my hair, again. When in China, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com