Tuesday, July 5, 2011

america so far

hello america!! :) i've been home for about 3 days now. here are a few things i have observed that i love, noticed or just want to mention:


1. america is so green! when my plane was starting to touch down outside of chicago, i was amazed at all the green grass, trees and bushes! and the sky was "sky blue", not the weird white-ish tan grey with hints of blue was used to. i love seeing the sunshine and breathing clean air.


2. cleanliness of stores, restaurants, houses, etc. on sunday morning i went to target with my mom and first, i was completely overwhelmed. there was just so much to look at! there also wasn't a sole person in the store which was an adjustment. i am used to there being people everywhere. i also kept running into my mom's heels and following her too closely :)


3. jet lag is the WORST! compared to the last 2 days, i am feeling significantly better. but my sleep pattern is all messed up. i wake up every morning at 4am and am awake till 5 or 5:30. then i fall back asleep eventually.


4. i love driving and singing in the car. and the radio. that's all.


5. my feet are CLEAN! for the first time in about 10 months. i got a pedicure today and it made me so happy!


6. HGTV is heaven sent.


7. i love looking in my pantry and fridge. sometimes i just open it and stare for awhile. there are so many choices!


8. i'm not sure if i can handle living at home for the next few months... or year. what's keeping me here currently? my parents and best friends! :)


9. i think i own the world's most comfortable bed. don't try and challenge me.


10. unpacking from living abroad for almost a year is a daunting and basically impossible task...




p.s. chicago o'hare international airport is the worst airport ever! horrible customer service & zero efficiency. after landing in chicago and going through security again with 2 lines open and 300 people, i made my flight with only 5 minutes to spare (after the gate being changed and finding a departure/arrival monitor, at least in concourse K and L, to be nonexistent) i landed in Indy 25 minutes late... and no luggage.

1 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Yes! I could not wait to drive with the windows down and listen to music when I got back! Funny the things you miss! Welcome back!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com