Friday, July 22, 2011

heat wave

The temperature here in Central Indiana has ben unreal! In the 100s! The kids i nanny for have been stuck inside for the last few days. It's too hot to even go to the pool. We went on Monday and it was miserable. In the meantime, I have been working on a lot of reading skills with Maddie and Trav and letter work with Shawn. We built a fort yesterday and watched movies under it. I also found a theater that does free movies Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays :) Awesome!


The temperature has also made running a little tougher. It's more like the humidity (awful)! In the morning its already 80 or in the mid 80s! Out of the 5 days this week, I ran 3 mornings! I am pretty proud of myself! I also ran about .8 miles without stopping which is huge progress for me! Slowly but surely I am making improvements. It makes me excited about running too.


I didn't this morning... and I have felt guilty all day. that's a good thing!


Also, my friend Jordan gave me the name of a great cookbook  that I can't wait to buy and try out! It's called Hungry Girl. There are a few different books but I think i want to get the 200 under 200! She says the recipes are great and really fill you up. She also says they are easy to make, since i am a horrible cook :) I hope I can improve my cooking skills in the next few months. It's always been something I have wanted to do.



China made me realize i CAN do all the things I have always wanted to do. I'd always wanted to teach in China. I did that! I have always wanted to start running, learn to cook and eat healthier. I'm doing it! 
I'm giving myself a big HOORAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com