Sunday, August 15, 2010

my last week in the states for 5 months.

the title of this entry really freaks me out. every time i think of 5 months it seems longer and longer and longer... this is my last week! this is my LAST week! i just keep thinking that in my head about every, i don't know, 5 MINUTES! i am very excited but it's turning into being scared as well. i just keep thinking.... ok, tomorrow is my last monday in America for awhile. then tuesday will be my last tuesday in america for awhile. and so on, and so forth with the days of the week.
but goodness i have so much to be excited about! my orientation schedule and my visa came this week! 
here is a little sneak peak and what my days will look like during my first week in shanghai:

              

Breakfast 07:00 - 08:30 a.m.
Survival Chinese Lessons 09:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Break 10:00 - 10:15 a.m
Simulated Class by Experienced Teacher and Q&A 10:15 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.
Lunch 12:15 - 01:00 p.m
Briefing: Logistics of Living and Working in China 02:00 - 03:00 p.m
By ACS, U.S. Consulate in Shanghai
Excursion: the Bund 03:00 - 05:00 p.m
Dinner at Vegetarian Restaurant, Jujube Tree 05:30 - 07:30 p.m
Acrobatic Show 07:30 p.m. 

 -- and this is my Wednesday to be exact. sweet right? yeah, i thought so.
tonight, a girl who is also going to be teaching at New Jazz, who I have gotten to know through facebook, was talking about how we will all become like family over the next couple months living so close together.
i'm excited to be able to call new friends family. 
this last week is going to be bittersweet, hard, exciting, nervous and most of all... one step closer to a life changing experience and pursuing my dream. my passion. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com