Thursday, February 17, 2011

"baby when the lights... go out..."

remember that song by Jump 5? i always thought it was really provocative. well, in the case of this story, the song really does mean what the title says...  this is what happens "when the lights go out"... in my chinese bathroom.

tonight, i went into the bathroom like i usually do for my nightly routine to brush my teeth, wash my face if needed and, well, go to the bathroom. it's been the case since August that the light in there definitely has a mind of its own. it decides when it wants to turn on. turning it off is easy and i definitely can control that... annoying. anyways, so i walk in and try to turn on the light. i stand there a minute waiting for it to do the usual flicker it likes to do when it wants to come on. i always have my fingers crossed it comes on in general. this time, no flicker.
"great." i thought.
well, i really had to go so i mumbled a few words under my breath and lifted the lid to go.
i sit down and, oh my GOD that was cold!!
"what in the world, the heat is on, the seat shouldn't be cold" - all went through my head in 3 seconds.
... yep. i had lifted both toilet seats and sat right down into the bowl.
... yep. my ass definitely touched the water.
... yep. i had to sit there and go to the bathroom.
longest few (and cold, and dark) seconds ever.

still no light. after this i was furious. i couldn't see anything!
i run out the door and turn on the dining room lights so i can brush my teeth (this is after trying to in the dark and letting my toothpaste lid roll off the sink, and a few more mumbled !@#*%s later).
i then decide, ya know, this is a pretty funny story, i hope someone gets a laugh today out of my embarrassment. laughter is an instant vacation :)

oh and my roommate fell down our stairs tonight, too.
it's been a rough night for us :)

1 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Hi Jami!
I'm sorry you sat in toilet water. I too have done that many times. But here is a worse story. Adam stayed with us last month and didn't put the seat up when he peed in the dark; and then I walked in to pee in the dark too and didn't look at the seat.

And I sat in his pee.


I can't wait for a China baby present! Oh my goodness! I hope you're having the time of your life! ;)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com