Friday, March 25, 2011

7 months

it honestly blows my mind that i have been here 7 months and how comfortable i am living here. i finally feel acclimated to the environment, culture and just my daily life. i love it here more and more every day. july is going to come so soon. i hope the next 3 months slow down a little...

the last week or so has been quite interesting in both bad and good ways. st. patrick's day in shanghai was quite the success and our own dear aussie shaun's birthday was the same day. i busted out the green bow and green glasses from the ever so amazing Qipu Lu chinese clothing and accessory market. lensless glasses will never get old. with so many colors and styles you can have a pair for every occasion. the bow? not so much. but i can't resist a big bow in all honesty.

this is our "da xiao" face - meaning big smile. 
happy birthday shaussiieee!

that weekend mac and i hosted another infamous shanghai holiday party. we had a lot of fun wearing green and yes, i even had green tights. i don't mess around :) they were the cheapest pair ever though and ripped about 30 minutes into the party. that's china for ya.


we also had another S.O.D.E dinner at Lange Italian Restaurant. i had some AMAZING lasagna and between jacqueline, kate, amanda, mac and i... of course.... 2 bottles of wine.

 

a bad thing that happened this week is that Mac is having to head back to America 3 months early. back in january she had hurt her knee really bad in hainan, china but didn't really do much about it. over the next month it kept giving out on her, or she would hurt it, etc. well on saturday night she hurt it again but this time, the worst. she can't walk, its swollen, it's just really bad. :( it breaks me heart that i am losing my best friend here. the girl who has been through it all with me. i have loved being her roommate and i am going to miss her so much. i am so sad this had to happen to her, but she is keeping positive and remembering "everything happens for a reason". and thats why i love her. that and we look ridiculous words up on urban dictionary until midnight laughing until we cry.

mac and i strutting our best model poses. who am i going to pose with now? :(

with spring in the air my kids are  off. the. walls. you would think they never get play time! i love my 3/4 year class so much. today was probably one of my favorite days teaching them. it was almost 60 degrees today here and a blue sunny sky. i got to play outside with them all morning. they put out some big fluffy mats and Jane (my chinese teacher) and i laid in the sun. the warmth felt so good and everything in that moment was beautiful. i had these wonderful children just laughing with me, cuddling with me, tickling and pretending they were my pillow and blankets. i wish i would have had my camera. it was honestly a beautiful moment in china. i was laughing and had the cheesiest grin on my face i am sure.




 i really am loving my life right now. i love it.
oh and amanda is moving in with me.
it's gonna be wild :)





1 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

I must have that hairbow.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com