Thursday, March 10, 2011

second semester smiles

today is march 10th and i finally feel like spring is on it's way! its 57 degrees and sunny and i have a huge smile on my face. so far, this second semester has been SO GREAT. i am a huge 360degree turn from how i was feeling the first week back in shanghai after vacation. i have a goofy grin on my face most of the time, i feel myself skipping down the streets sometimes, and my weekends are always filled with such laughter. every weekend is more and more fun!


i love saturdays.

last saturday my friends and i decided that we were going to have lunch and drinks... kinda all day.
we played kings at Malone's, watched wacky infomercials and ending up and sitting there for over 4 hours.
shots before 5? oops.

we then went to Windows for awesome bar foods and a high school party (or so it felt like).

amanda and tim.

school is going well too. my 3 year olds have came so far and their behavior is totally improving. their English is improving too! they make me so proud. i love giggling with them and hearing them yell "MISS JAMI!!" down the halls when they see me. their smiles make me light up.
my 6 year olds are starting to get antsy with primary school coming up but they are doing well too. they are quite the challenge.
i feel like i am more dedicated and creative this semester. i am even teaching an English acting class. this wasn't my choice, but i am going to remain positive, even though it's a lot of extra work.


Hong.
(side story about Hong: today i went to move his chair and he didn't notice i was moving it and fell down. he got super embarrassed and started crying. this kid never cries and i actually thought he didn't like me. i pulled him to the side and told him i was so sorry (in Chinese as well) and he gave me this HUGE hug and cried and cried on my shoulder. i don't know why. he then said, "it's okay miss jami. i was just scared and they all laughed. i didn't like it. it not you" :)

i was also told today by mark "if you keep making us jump rope i am going to leave this school!"
hey, mark. not my problem.

nonetheless, second semester.... here... we... GOOO!!!

and of course, alice, you are always with us. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just died when I read "not my problem". I miss you probably TOO much.

jami said...

lauren! ah, well it's NOT my problem. its the chinese teacher that makes them.
i miss you too. i need you back in my life to laugh at me like this. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com