Saturday, April 16, 2011

a catch up S.O.D.E post

S.O.D.E updates
i have been awful at updating about my dinner club! we have had 3 more SODE dinners since my last post about them.

#3
Location: Mi Tierra Mexican Restaurant (Jacqueline's choice)
This place had the most AMAZING guacamole ever! between the 5 of us (Kate had been visiting) that guac was gone in about 5 minutes. i think we were licking the bowl :) Jacqueline and I shared some amazing chicken fajitas and of course we all got margaritas :)



#4
Location: Anna Maya Vegetarian Cafe (the vegetarian herself, Amanda's choice)

The food at this cafe was the freshest I have had since I've been here. I'm obviously not a vegetarian but this food was my favorite I have had of all SODEs so far. I had a 3 course meal: mushroom soup, 4 little salads (AMAZING) and then yellow curry and rice. all the food was vegan as well. the 3 of us also shared some organic white wine and then some complementary cake balls. i'm still dreaming of those little salads.




#5
Location: MAYA Mexican Restaurant (Jacquline's choice again. it was my turn but i traded her for when my mom is here)
The atmosphere of this place was so awesome and their tacos were awesome! i had 3: cilantro chicken, lime beef and bean and cheese. we also had guacamole again. i am really in love with guacamole! you guessd it, more margaritas were involved. i tried a tamarind margarita (which is some type of flower) and it was excellent. i am an original lime girl at heart though :)
*pictures soon. i need to get them from amanda*

my mom will be here in 4 days! :) i have been busy planning activities, dinners, day trips, etc. it's gonna be the best. i love my mom and just can't wait to see her. it's been almost 8 months! that's waaay too long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com