Wednesday, April 13, 2011

the singing competition


so i was approached by yao yao, the chinese teacher of my 5/6 year old class, on a monday afternoon. she was doing her usual filling me in of information, semi-bossing me around altogether just throwing tons of information at me. she decides to throw in like it was no big deal an "oh, by the way, you will be involved in a singing competition on sunday morning at 7:30 am". my reply was a huge "WHAAAT!?" and in my head an "oohhh okay of course, my kids are competing. this is gonna be extra work obviously and super short notice but whatever" china is the KING of last minute requests. no, scratch that, commands. she then goes on to tell me that i will be the one singing, with one of my teaching partners, gene, and another chinese teacher.
again "WHAATT?!"
you mean i have to get up on my weekend and sing at some dumb contest, a song i don't know and attend a three hour practice when i should be at home already? you have GOT to be kidding me. a singing competition for teachers? uhhhh

best part is, she expects me to already know the song! it's a song from the Beijing Olympic games!!! thankfully it's only like 4 lines and it's in English, but this is a complete waste of my time.
and so random.
but mainly, a waste of my time.
i am a little frustrated about this because i have a friend in town, my mom is coming, i have lessons due and crafts to plan, an acting class to plan, music, poems and songs i need to get figured out for the kids graduation, etc etc etc...

but, i keep my head up and say... only in china.

chinglish cheers me up.
HEY GOOD!
cave?
oh ~~ fashion.

2 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

OH DEAR! This would make me SO nervous. Good luck, my love!

jami said...

haha thanks sarah. the practice was ridiculously long but it's pretty easy. im happy now that every teacher in my school knows what i sound like when i sing... eek!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com