Saturday, May 14, 2011

sprucing things up a bit

hey-o and welcome to my new and improved blog :) every once and awhile i start getting antsy about how my blog looks. it's been the same since i came to china and i felt like it was time for a change. i found this great background and template scheme and then designed my own header using power point!


thumbs up for PPT!


 yeah, i should get photoshop. that will be on my to do list before i leave china, since it's absolutely and ridiculously cheap.


recently i have been really paying attention to the little moments with my kids. i am trying to cherish every moment with them whether its the laughter in class when terry rolls on the ground and then shakes his head and says "no no" when i tell him he is going in time out. or when ai jung wakes up from her nap and sings to me in japanese. the way that alvin always says "ooyyy yooooo" when something goes wrong. mark's kisses and holding my hand whenever he can. jia jia's amazing dance moves. 


the list can go on and on. i think it's those little things i will miss the most. and not just the little things in the classroom, but about all of china. i've became comfortable here. it's started to feel like home and then in 7 weeks i will be back in the US, trying to adjust all over again.


i hope i can find as much love and happiness back in the states, as i have here in china.


it's a little scary to think about. all the readjusting. all the changes. i've changed. people have changed. i don't want to be that scared girl anymore who let people stomp all over her and never put herself first. i have had this life changing experience where i feel more strong and independent than ever. my opinions are more honest. i have never been this happy in my life. but, this shanghai bubble is soon popping.
7 weeks.
7 weeks!

1 comments:

sarahannnoel said...

Oh yes, I love the background.

And I'll tell you, not to scare you, but just to be honest: Coming home after living abroad is really hard. Especially going back to home-home, not just stateside. If people haven't lived abroad, they simply can't understand what you experienced, who you were, and why it would be hard to settle back in.

But I know. So if you need to hash it out, you just tell me. :)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com