Sunday, April 25, 2010

post secret

Sunday Secrets << click to see for yourself
post secret is such a powerful thing. it lets people tell there secrets to the world when they have never told anyone before. that can be so freeing. i check the website every sunday for the new secrets. its therapeutic for me to see that people all over have issues, secrets, problems, just like i do. i am not saying mine are as extreme as some on there, but it really helps me cope with the issues i am facing in my life.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” Plato 
 I enjoy that quote because no matter who you are,  or what kind of life you live, everyone is facing an inner demon or battle that really molds them. and who are we to judge that?
i especially love finding a card that is my secret. makes me feel less alone.


now, onto more exciting things :) china! everything is officially sent in - forms, money (yikes) and my picture for chinese schools to look at. my "lifestyle photo" they call it(to the left). i am very excited to get out of here! i think about it every day! right now it is just a waiting game to find out my teaching placement. i am keeping fingers crossed for primary school. i have been watching youtube videos of people teaching classes over there and i get really excited. i just want to know what level i will be teaching so i can start preparing! and shipping some materials over! i am SO HAPPY lauren and jeff are letting me have a webcam to take :) they are so sweet to do that for me, and its one less thing i have to worry about financially. love you both!


the rest of my day i will be listening to andrew bird and cleaning.
probably putting these songs on repeat - heretics, imitosis, armchairs, fake palindromes and anonanimal

2 comments:

Katie in Kenya said...

shit jami. you gave me a new obsession annnnd right before finals. i hate you right now :)

BUT I LOVE YOU!!!!! we have to peruse the bookstore and sit there for hours looking thru the books :)

jami said...

i swear you would've already known about it! i am so obsessed! def - a bookstore date. the books are really cool

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com