Saturday, December 25, 2010

And on this episode of “Another Shanghai Holiday”…

The Christmas party was a huge success and way calmer than the Thanksgiving party, not to mention, less of a mess. The appetizer and dessert party was basically a sugar induced coma laid out on a table. It was full of cookies, Hi-Chews, Pocky, cakes, chocolate covered strawberries and bananas, etc. loooove!
 the christmas spread

got pocky?



what party isn’t complete without some ugly sweaters?




We ended up doing a power hour full of great tunes! There was everything from K Ci and JoJo, Toby Keith, Journey, Chumbawumba, Nelly, BSB, Christmas music and Jay Z. Everyone had a great time singing and … obviously, drinking. Afterwards, and obviously in a great mood we exchanged gifts from the Secret Santa!!! Guess who had me? None other than the great Aussie, SHAUN! The first person I met here  in China from the group. We got me a very beautiful purple silk robe. Very Asian. I LOVED it. I might have even screamed :) He also got me 2 grape candies. Perfect gift. Shaun is the best!

The best part about this night was that everyone was SO HAPPY and running around with their gifts like 5 year olds, trying to show everyone their gifts and making each other jealous.
I might not be with my family this year, which is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with, but these friends have become my family. Looking around seeing everyone so happy with their gifts and laughing with friends made me feel at “home”.
The night ended with some Aussie drinking songs, heading out to the best dive bar in Shanghai called I Love Shanghai and a late (early morning) bed time.
Success. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com