Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Uyghur Restaurant

due to my lack of internet, i have been blogging through microsoft word: so here are about 3 blogs in a row!


Oh, Natalie, lover of all things adventurous, fun and different, decided that for her going away dinner (noooo nat please don’t leave shanghai!!!) she wanted to try this place called the Uyghur Restaurant (pronounced wee-gur). Uyghurs are a Turkish ethnic minority group who I like to say live around the 'Stans (Pakistan, Uzbekistan, etc..)

She had heard great reviews about the food and wacky atmosphere (think over costumed dancing waiters, gaudy decorations and singing employees).

 Well, we got that and much MUCH more. We walk in to the place and right away notice the waiters dressed somewhat like Aladdin. Nat had done her research and ordered everything for us. Plus, these guys speak NO English and her Chinese is amazing! As we waited for the food and enjoyed some beer we had quite a few laughs.
 I think pictures speak more than words sometimes…

Yep, this baby was letting it all hang out, and on the table where people will possibly be eating that evening. I won’t even show you the front view :)

Not to mention, Alice was going to steal this baby. How beautiful is he?

Once the food came you would have thought we hadn’t eaten in years. I would say this food is closer to Mexican than Chinese. It was the BEST food I have had here in China so far. My favorite would be the “tacos”. Haha I don’t remember what they were actually called, but wow! The lamb skewers were a close second. Once eating had commenced we were basically pulled on stage to dance with some of the locals.  The guys were crazy hilarious dancers, shimmying everything they could, doing some type of sneak attack move every once in awhile and just jumping up and down. 

Talk about live entertainment. I was laughing so hard. I laughed all night actually.



It was one of those moment where you are like… “Wow, I am in China. Why would I ever want to leave this place? It was a wonderful night full of friends, food and waaaaay too manyy laughs. Wait, you can’t laugh too much.

Bon voyage, Natalie. You definitely are going out with a bang. I love you! You have made my China experience even more amazing than I thought it could be.
            

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com