Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ràng zhè xuě! Ràng zhè xuě! Ràng zhè xuě!

(translated Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!)

last night, i was on twitter (@missjamilee, follow me :) and i was looking at my normal tweets and the shanghaiist (a shanghai feed) posted an article that said we should be expecting the first possible snow of the season, tomorrow! let me begin by saying this, it has literally been in the 60s and high 50s, even some 70s these past few weeks. glorious! christmas has felt so far away due to the weather. i could NEVER live somewhere it's not cold for christmas i've decided. anyways, the shanghaiist said "winter hasn't just come, it has kicked your door in"
it was so right.
i woke up this morning to 32 degrees and now it's 28!
and guess what... IT STARTED SNOWING around noon today.
seriously, i was in the cab with gene and jacqueline repeating "it's snowing!!" ... five seconds later... "guys, it's snowing!"
i LOVE snow so much. and i REALLY love it now because i am missing home.
Snow in Shanghai? dream come true.
my walk home from work was my best walk ever. i listened to christmas music, stopped for pictures and i swear i caught myself skipping a little.
a few of my 3 year olds had NEVER seen snow before. during my lesson they kept yelling "xuě! xuě! xuě!" for snow :) one of my parents told me that the last time it had snowed Nakita (her daughter) was asleep so she didn't see it and when they live in Brazil, obviously they hadn't seen it. She was so excited to go outside.
I think i was just as excited.
snow on the astro turf in front of wunan

snow on my street

bundled up



one of my 6 year olds started yelling at his mom "take a picture with the iPhone 4g!!!" haha



and... here are my babies so soooo excited about the snow.

the love my my life. jia jia

ming ming

wen wen

sean and ian.

you can't help but smile when you see these faces.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com