Thursday, September 2, 2010

ni hao!

hello followers!
yes - i am OFFICIALLY back in action.
after finally getting my VPN all set up, i had a "mac-tastrophe"! (i am a nerd.) my macbook started freaking out which meant a 24hr whirlwind experience of finding an apple store, getting it fixed, etc...
anyways -- i know you are all dying to hear the details, details, details.
here they are - kinda condensed because i am ready to be blogging about the present and not the past.

here goes...
long flight. no sleep. awesome movies. beautiful views. luggage found. met up with shaun.
van ride to orientation ... "i really made it. i really did do this :)"
orientation week...
filled with many activities like eating at fun restaurants (minus the vegetarian place ... it was gross!), an acrobat show, going to the Bund, and the World Expo!!
Eileen and I. I taught her how to braid. We were twins!


crazy acrobat skills.


me at the Bund - downtown Shanghai


my Expo ticket


Hai Bao - Expo mascot


sickest. noodles. ever. but cool nonetheless.


we wear our sunglasses at night. (world expo!)


dinner at Sichuan Folk. diggin the Yin Yang dish.


Jasper, me, Eileen, Mac (roomie)


after orientation i moved into my apartment (pictures to post later - once i take some :). let's say though - i LOVE it. huge loft, kitchen, dining room, living room and bathroom. buuttt... you have to walk outside to get to the bathroom. let me just leave ya hanging on that one :)
also - mackenzie & i are living together!!! it is so amazing to have someone to explore with. i am so happy about it.

i LOVE my school. it is called Wunan Kindergarten. It is located right next to the US Embassy. It is also an international school! Mainly Chinese but a mix of other nationalities too! I teach a 3 year old class and a 6 year old class. i love my teaching partners too!

isnt it amazing! i will also take a picture of the front. its so cute! its HUGE! i really lucked out. :) 

of course - thats not all, but i can only blog so much.
i PROMISE i will keep up with this now. i can't wait to have you all on this journey.




1 comments:

Katie in Kenya said...

i am so excited for you!!! so proud, and so envious ;) love and miss you girl!!!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com