Friday, March 12, 2010

call me impatient

another week down... another week where i havent heard one thing on my application. the coordinator of the program i am applying for is out of office once again and won't be back until the 18th. i decided to email someone else to get my question answered. hopefully i will hear back from her by monday. the website says to allow 1-2 weeks for items to be processed. i still have 3 pending application items that have been this way for almost 4 weeks now!! i just want to know!! (obviously :) if this doesn't work out for me, i need to be figuring out what i am going to do with my life come August. apply for another teaching job? stay where i am? move into an apartment? apply with another teach abroad organization? not a lot of places that offer the opportunity to teach in China offer month long stints, only a year. i don't want to do a year so... come on CIEE! you are the perfect fit for me! just tell me yes. please? i check the website that has my application checklist posted at least three times a day. i am sick of seeing...
0 - to do :)
3 - PENDING!!!
7 - completed :)

no application decision....
participant decision would totally say yes if they would tell me.

Teaching in China is my passion. I want to go to this country and inspire these children to learn English while doing it in fun and creative ways. For some reason, I feel a very strong calling to go there. I want to experience their culture and not let anything pass me by. I really do want to make a difference. I also want to prove to myself that I can do this. I am brave. I am stronger than I think I am. Im tired of letting life pass me by. Not taking opportunities because I am lazy or just think I can't. I have faith in myself that I can. I can!
Obviously, I need to work on being patient. I have all the patience in the world with children. Now, if I could just transfer that to every other thing in my life... :)

Out tonight to see Super Foxx! haha Caryn and Grant's band. Also going to indulge in a little retail therapy before. Maybe I shouldn't since I do need to pay for a speeding ticket... but... I need to embellish my spring wardrobe... right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com